Monday, September 30, 2019

What does the fox say?

I take attendance by having the students answer a question.

What does the fox say? (previously: 2017, wikipedia)

Not very many onomatopoeias this time:

  • woof!
  • meow
  • ka ki ka ki (x3)
  • nya, ring ding
  • yip
  • Meow Meow Meow
Many people who gave the fox the ability to speak full sentences:
  • How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
  • Elvis is alive in Chicago
  • Cancel Futurama Again
  • "I don't like Chrome"
  • here we go again...
  • "I am a fox."
  • "I wish I wasn't a fox :("
And ... a third category of "other ones":
  • run it through valgrind
  • whatever sound fox make
  • nothing
  • noises
I appreciate the student who just wrote a long squiggle. Is it a noise? Is it an approximate signature? Is it just a symbol to register "I was here"?


This post's theme word is whigmaleerie / whigmaleery (n), "a whim" or "a fanciful contrivance." Foxes speaking? What whigmaleerie!

No comments: