Wednesday, October 2, 2019

What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?

I take attendance by asking the students a question.

What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you? (previously 2017)

Traditional:

  • got into Swat
  • life!
  • opportunity to go to college
  • born in a first world country
  • winning Harry Potter Broadway tickets
  • I once found two packs of gummi worms in a vending machine
  • that I was born at all (the odds were against me)
  • my cat wandered onto our porch
  • won a raffle
Some people wanted to defer the question:
  • hasn't happened yet
  • opportunity met preparation
  • idk I'm grateful for most things that have happened to me
  • lots of things
  • don't believe in luck
  • TBD
  • can't think of just one
  • not sure
  • yes
  • not lucky
Begrudgingly I acknowledge that yet again someone claimed that taking this class was their luckiest life event. I can't be bribed! ... at least not so openly.

My favorite was definitely "Fell backwards off Willets bannister, landed on feet" --- whoo, what luck!


This post's theme word is hotsy-totsy (adj), "just right; perfect" or "haughty; pretentious." That is my preferred hotsy-totsy way of descending staircases.

No comments: