Friday, October 4, 2019

What is the unluckiest thing that ever happened to you?

I take attendance by having the students answer a question.

What is the unluckiest thing that ever happened to you? (previously 2017)

Actual luck:

  • winning 1 cent
  • fantasy football
  • an acorn fell on my head
  • I think I'm kinda allergic to popsicle sticks :(
  • west nile fever
  • stub my toe
  • losing stuff
Referencing or at least very close to referencing their luckiest things from earlier in the week:
  • taking algo :( jk
  • going here
  • getting sick from Sharples dinner 5x now this semester
  • chicken nuggets deemed unhealthy
Some were just extremely unfortunate or saddening.
  • near brush with death
  • *sighs*
  • 6 month long concussion
  • *breaks into tears*
  • being
  • I don't want to think about it.
  • getting my heart broken
  • my hamster ran away when I was little
Kudos to "sleeping in on the day of my good life choices" --- very confusing. Does this mean that sleeping in was a good choice, or that sleeping in caused you to miss the opportunity to make good choices?


This post's theme word is blate (v intr), "to babble or cry" or (adj), "timid." The succession of so many unlucky events spurred an outburst of blating across campus.



No comments: