Wednesday, October 11, 2017

What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?

I take attendance by having students answer a question.

What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?

A lot of people are grateful:
  • every day I get to wake up and live a pretty sweet life
  • being here
  • existing
  • ^ that
  • Already written, but existing
  • unoriginal, but existing
  • getting to be here today
  • being born into my circumstances
  • go to Swat
  • My Mom
  • Swat
  • getting lotteried out of ML to take Algo.
Many people briefly summarized what must be a much longer story:
  • meeting the same Spanish traveler twice in one city and finding out he prepared my medicinal bath from the day before.
  • meeting my significant other
  • One time I got a concussion and they thought I had broken my neck and was gonna die but I didn't.
  • Finding a lost friend in Barcelona
  • living with [two other students in the class]
  • Last week I was stranded in Philly and ran into a friend.
  • a star fell on me
Some people kept it brief:
  • e72 pset got cancelled
  • fall break
  • sleep
  • dogs
  • Hi blog!
... yes, that last one is a real thing that an actual student wrote to mark their attendance today. They get the "You Almost Asked for This" Prize.

This post is dedicated to everyone reading it: you exist! Huzzah!


This post's theme word is uberty (n), "abundance; fruitfulness". I went through an uberty of thankfulness while contemplating the tenuous and unlikely events leading to my own existence.

No comments: