This one might have been very cultural-reference-specific, but... I honestly want to know.
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- African or European?
Okay, I deserved that. Other answers included:
- 3.00*10^8 m/s
- 50 minutes (one algorithms class)
- c=2.78*10^8 m/s
- 12 knots
- 20mph west
- depends on mass of coconut
- 25mph, depending on African or European
I'm worried by the units (or lack thereof) on some of those answers.
- What's an unladen swallow?
- as fast as it can dream
- The swallow is the center of the universe. All moves relative to it.
- very fast
- Will this be on the exam?
- faster than me
- impossible to measure
This post's theme word placentious (adj), "pleasing or inclined to please." The students are placentious indeed.