Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Empowered

I mailed my absentee ballot today, and it should arrive well before the deadline. Woohoo! I voted!

I am empowered in other ways, too: I am not starving; I do not have to struggle every day to find housing, clothing, safety, food, or positive social interactions; I am free to pursue arcane studies of my choosing. In fact, I am almost completely self-determined, and not compelled to engage in any activity I don't choose for myself. I pick my friends, my modes of social interaction, my food, my housing, my psychological and physical surroundings.

I take my life for granted, but it does make me happy. The situation I'm in. Everything.


This post's theme word: demagogue, "a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather by using than rational argument."

1 comment:

Lila is a complex system. said...

I've realized this can be summed up as follows:

I don't have to compromise.