Thursday, September 7, 2017

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

I take attendance by asking the students a question.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

  • As much as woodchuckily possible.
  • all the wood that a woodchuck could chuck if it could chuck wood
  • too much ☹
  • lots
  • Lot 51
  • depends on if he had a snack before
  • depends on his emotions
  • a truckload
  • a chuckload
  • O(n*n)
  • at least 17
  • 10 pieces of wood
  • some
  • 2
  • none 😑
  • *if* a woodchuck could chuck wood
The most popular answer was "enough." Official Tip of the Cap to "to get to the other side" for making fun of the questions, and Professor's Preferred Award to "We only need to prove that the wood exists, nothing more."

Previously on: Algorithms.

This post's theme word is loblolly, "a thick gruel", "a mire or mudhole," "an assistant to a ship's surgeon," "a pine tree with long needles and strong wood", or "an evergreen." The lobllolly prescribed me loblolly made of loblolly while I recovered from my motorbike accident. What happened? Oh, I hit a loblolly and fell into a loblolly, then the loblolly fell atop me.

No comments: