Monday, November 25, 2019

What is your greatest victory in life (so far)?

I take attendance by having the students answer a question.

What is your greatest victory in life (so far)? (Previously asked in 2016.)

(I want to give them the leeway to still be aiming for an even greater victory!)

Many students replied in earnest celebration of their victories:

  • ran 2 marathons
  • being the 1st in my family to go to college
  • getting into Swarthmore
  • becoming a zygote
  • making it through 2 years of college
  • going abroad
  • making it to senior year
  • being born
Others were more creative in their replies:

  • I solved Independent Set
  • solving 2+2
  • I solved SAT
Some were more unusual:
  • "stealing" 6 mattresses
  • can't think --- concussed
  • please let me know when you find out
  • nothing so far

To all the tired, striving brains out there: good luck with the end-of-semester, and try not to bonk into anything!


This post's theme word is contund (verb tr), "to thrash or bruise." Please do not contund your noggin.

No comments: