Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rollerblading Saturdays, pedestrian Sundays

I went rollerblading along the lake shore. The weather was good, my knee was good, it was fun.

On the final Sunday of every month, Kensington Market is closed to car traffic. (I thought that this happened every weekend, but apparently that's just bold and numerous pedestrians. This is official.) It was delightful. Streets of people, shops with special events and booths on the street. And street performers -- balloon animal makers, puppeteers, multiple live bands (my favorite did a ska rendition of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"), a magician. Huge on-the-street games: Scrabble (tiles bigger than my hand), chess (pieces as tall as me), a maze. I walked around all day. R. made vegan tomato soup and gave it away free to anyone with a container.

Hopefully this triple of weather-rollerblading-Kensington will happen again.


This post's theme food: bread made with pumpkin. If I were a superhero, this would be my kryptonite.

No comments: