Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Timeless questions quiz

Off the top of my head, here are some timeless questions. (Reader challenge: do not resort to the internet!)

Section I: Cite, or state the "answer."

(1) To be or not to be? -- that is the question.
(2) What rolls down stairs (alone or in pairs), rolls over your neighbor's dog, what's great for a snack and fits on your back?
(3) And hast thou slain the jabberwock?
(4) Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
(5) Now, tell me: who's your housekeeper, and what do you keep in your house?
(6) Is there, is there balm in Gilead?
(7) Did I just hear an alarm start ringing? Did I see sirens go flying past?
(8) Have you no consideration for my poor nerves?
(9) Could I be Leander, on a wave borne to a new home across this lonely sea?
(10) Why did Constantinople get the works?

Section II: Cite. (I don't know the answer offhand.)

(1) And isn't it ironic, just a little bit?
(2) Where have all the flowers gone?
(3) ... or am I rewriting history?
(4) You guys had a riot? On account of me? My very own riot?
(5) Is it too late to start, with your heart in a headlock?
(6) ... or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?
(7) Where's the fish? Where's the fish? Where's the fish?
(8) Not even Wensleydale?
(9) Why, God, why tonight?
(10) Who looks at a screwdriver and says, "I think that needs to be more sonic"?!

Section III: Complete the question. Then answer it.

(1) Dr. Livingstone, ________?
(2) If all your friends jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, ________?
(3) Why ________________, _____________?
[UPDATE: I forgot these two:]
(4) What would _____ do?
(5) How many ______ does it take to get to the center of ________?

For bonus points, describe a scenario or short story in which all of these questions are asked.


This post's theme song: "Who is the Scarlet Pimpernel?" (It's me! It's me!)

1 comment:

Lila is a complex system. said...

Wolfram Alpha can only answer a depressing few of these questions. Just one! II(2)