Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finishing the thesis

I'm right on the cusp of finishing the thesis, but all little things keep coming up and I'm having trouble focusing. So I'm going to try this insane strategy that I just thought up: I will not check my email until I'm done with my thesis. Obviously I'll check my school email, because I'm in touch with my advisor. For awhile now I've been on a stint of "I will not blog until I'm done with my thesis" and now it's time to take it to the next level. (Ironically, announced via... blogging.)

The longest time that I've spent without email in the past six years (and probably longer) is the two days that I was in the Sahara, where my activities were reduced to (1) consume water, (2) sweat, and (3) try not to die. But as soon as I was able to reduce that to just (1) and (2), I sought out the intertubes and hooked back into my world of email.

I'll see you guys on the other side, where I'll blog about my recent trip to the Google Workshop for Women Engineers, a few movies I've seen, and some of the more interesting thoughts I've had on subjects as diverse as: modes of thought, blueberries, research topics, my personal life goals, skiing, women in academia, blogging, Braid, gchat, and of course eggplant parmesan.


This post's theme word: shilly-shally, "adverb: Hesitantly; irresolutely. adjective: Hesitant; vacillating. noun: Hesitation; vacillation. verb intr.: To vacillate; to dawdle. "

1 comment:

Christian Muise said...

May the force be with you.

I may just forward your posts to my blog seeing as most of them as of late sum up exactly the situation I'm in...well I can't go as far as to stop emailing, but at least the thesis status is following suit.

See you on the other side.