Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy birthday

Happy birthday to me, Google, and Scott Pilgrim! Also B. Thanks to the parents who (1) conceived me, (2) birthed me, (3) raised me, and (4) visited me this pre-birthday weekend, carrying flavorful apples from home. In that order.


This post's featured word is a really cool one I haven't been able to work into any other post: coelom, "a cavity lined by an epithelium derived from mesoderm. Organs formed inside a coelom can freely move, grow, and develop independently of the body wall while fluid cushions and protects them from shocks."

More honestly, this post's theme words: bedlam, "an old woman; a hag," and the related word termagant, "a scolding, nagging, bad-tempered woman."

3 comments:

Caset said...

termagant has always made me think of cormorant for some reason... and cormorants are super cool.
http://travel.paintedstork.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/indian_cormorant.jpg

they look like dinosaurs! i saw one in the river when I was little and swore to my mother that I had seen an archaeopteryx.

anyways, happy birthday again!

ps- i'm writing a random blog, too, again... things i find in the archive that have no place elsewhere.

ulyssesthedog said...

Hi Lila! This is Olivia. What's up? Hope you are doing well. Give me an update sometime!!!

ulyssesthedog said...

OH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!