Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Found poetry

The lack of capitalization and punctuation in internet communications (my previous comments) makes them read like poetry to me. Here is an unedited excerpt of a recent conversation I had with J. (It was actually more like a monologue that I witnessed.)
... in my world
where pi was modified
to terminate after 9 digits
it changed a lot of stuff
circles are kinda different
but it's okay
there's lots of meteor showers, though
and gravity doesn't work really well
maybe it wasn't a good idea
oh god, my hands are melting again

This post's theme word: tendentious, "expressing or intending to promote a particular cause or point of view, especially a controversial one." The view that pi terminates after 9 digits is not a tendentious one amongst mathematicians.

No comments: